Driving Under the Influence is a criminal offense and pleading guilty to a DUI charge can bring a variety of consequences, depending on the circumstances of the arrest and the driver in question.
Different Situations Lead to Different Results
The results of pleading guilty to a DUI charge in Maryland vary widely depending on the situation. For example:
- If it is a relatively routine case for a first time offender, the penalty may be probation for a period of time set by the judge.
- If there has been as previous DUI incident, it could result in jail time for a repeat offense.
- Extenuating circumstances like an accident or an abnormally high BAC can result in jail time, even for a first DUI offense.
- If the person is already on probation for a different offense, a DUI will likely result in a violation of that probation and the person will face consequences that fall on the discretion of the judge.
- If the driver is not a citizen of the United States, they could face trouble with immigration or visas.
Personal Attention From Professionals
Every case presents different circumstances and challenges. If you or someone you know is in legal trouble for a DUI, it is important that you get professional legal help before simply pleading guilty.
At Robinson and Associates, our experienced team can help you understand exactly what you are facing from DUI charges. We understand how these cases can affect the rest of your life, and we will give you the personal attention that you and your case deserve.
Contact us online today to schedule a free appointment or phone call to discuss your case and learn exactly what you face.